Wednesday, October 30, 2013

36 Weeks!

Happy Halloween! 
Okay, I can really now say it is SO CLOSE! We are less than 30 days away from our "due date" and if we are on anything similar to an Abigail schedule we are talking more like 2 weeks! 

So lets see what's new and exciting this week....

Had our 36 week appointment on Monday. Everything is looking good. Both of my doctors are very petite so they have small hands so she couldn't tell much when she "checked things out." She did say he was certainly head down and pushing, which I couldn't agree more! So we are set to continue our weekly appointments from here on out! I scheduled 3 more and said if he isn't here by then - we are gonna have to figure something out! 

I asked about the on call schedule and what it looks like and her best suggestion is to tell this little guy to come during the week because they are always on call during the week but they do switch every other weekend with this other practice. So fingers crossed we do not have a baby this weekend, the weekend of the 16/17th (which is mom's prediction because of the full moon) or the end of the week during Thanksgiving as the other practice is covering Thanksgiving. We shall see!! 

Size: We could be considered a Honeydew Melon or a head of Romaine lettuce.....

Movement: Well, he continues to have his acrobatic moments and his quiet moments. Mom tends to freak out over quiet moments but as I sit here and type he is kick, kick kicking away and just a few hours ago I was nervous he wasn't moving enough! 

Cravings: The few cravings I had have somewhat subsided. Halloween candy seems to be in abundance in this house! Thank goodness it better all be gone tomorrow or I'm giving it away! 

Oh - I did make these pumpkin cookies (from a box) for our tailgate the other day and they were amazing. Even MORE amazing with cream cheese icing on them. Yup, I've had too many of those! 

Projects: Well the nesting did begin. On Sunday, Matt and I (mostly matt) emptied the garage of practically everything we had in it which was a TON and put up 2 new shelves and reorganized and threw a bunch of stuff away. It was amazing. The garage looks amazing and I don't feel like we need a shed quite as much as I did before, which is also good!  

I had a wonderful babysitter (Thank you Bugala) on Tuesday and so I got to do a lot of organizing / cleaning so I am feeling like we are more ready than we had been. PLUS! we are getting the carpets cleaned on Saturday, which I am SO excited about! I am praying that all the little stains come out and that I can stick to our new no shoes rule and try to enforce the new eating / drinking down there (which will be extremely hard!) 

How am I feeling: Oh, well, I think the pregnancy complaints are less this time around but slightly different. I can say THANK GOD I do not have the sciatic pain I did with Abigail (knock on wood that can hold off for the next few weeks). With her it was so bad it would literally bring me to tears. This time its the pressure that is killing me. I keep reading that with second pregnancies the babies don't drop as early as they do with first pregnancies so the moms don't have so much pressure - not sure who made up that little lie but its a bad one and very very wrong. 

So, sadly my clumsiness had me take a little fall about a week and a half ago. Not a huge deal no belly involvement at all, totally 100% landed on my knee. Well, that knee is still quite tender, I can't kneel on it and it almost feels numb, which is strange. So hoping that gets better soon. 

Last random strange occurrence my ankle is a bit black and blue and somewhat tender to touch. Absolutely no problem walking on it doesn't feel like a sprain, just very random. 

Abigail's Week: This kid continues to have the best weeks! We enjoyed another Halloween event last week, went to the Nature Center, enjoyed the MD Homecoming Football game (during which Abigail took a NAP), did some shopping on Sunday, Monday we had a fantastic sprinkle for mommy & baby brother with our mommy's group, yesterday Abigail got to spend the day with Bugala and today was yet another fun Halloween Event! 

There is always something Abigail does to amaze me and it was today after our event. We got home and I was trying to get her to take a nap. She was extremely tired and a bit cranky so I was rocking her a bit on my lap. I was having a bit of a mommy hormonal moment thinking how my little girl is going to be a big sister....tear, tear. So I said to her you are going to be such a good big sister. "Yea mom, I know." Matter of fact, spit it out like she's known that for ages. Tears gone, insert mom trying not to laugh. Nap time was quickly becoming unsuccessful so I told her she had to play quietly and have some quiet time in her room. She usually falls asleep after about 20 minutes. Well, I got busy and didn't get a chance to go back and check on her until she started calling me and so I figured well maybe she did sleep. I get up there and asked if she took a nap to which she responds "no mom, big girls don't need naps." OH MY! So I quickly said, well big girls do need naps, mommy is a big girl but she needs naps too! Hoping this is not a permanent idea in her mind! She still NEEDS naps! As evidenced by her meltdown this evening after not having had a nap today. But here she is 2 1/2 and knows she is going to be a good big sister and that she is a big girl and doesn't need naps. Missing my baby!! :-( 

But a super big Thank You!! To all of my wonderful Mommy friends! They threw me a wonderful sprinkle for Baby Boy and we got lots of cute and useful items!! This kiddo much like his sister is going to be one lucky little man! Abigail got a new baby doll so that she can take care of her baby, while mom is taking care of the baby and she loves it! 

Playing at the Nature Center

Row, row, row your boat

Attentively waiting for instructions at the Halloween event. 

She was sleepy when we first arrived at the tailgate  
Got her second wind to have some fun and play in the car

Made it through a bit of the 1st quarter! 

Then promptly fell asleep until the start of the 2nd half! 

Playing with Mr. Potato Head

Being silly with Mommy

Mommy's Halloween shirt! 

Peek-a-boo! We are ready to meet you! :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment