Thursday, October 17, 2013

34 Weeks!

A few days late, we've been super busy the past few days / I'm getting pretty tired and unorganized and we are still fighting computer problems so that makes this whole process much more difficult! :-)

6 Weeks left, 42 days.......OH BOY!!!

I think I am finally starting to get a bit anxious / nervous that we aren't quite ready / it's right around the corner! I started making lists the other day. Daddy's list was pretty long, but he has tackled it spectacularly!

We had a sonogram this morning and my oh my has he grown! They measure things like the size of his head and abdomen and a few leg or arm lengths to see how he's growing. Well we are 34 weeks and his head measures a lovely 37 weeks 3 days! OH MY! They estimate that his weight is about 5 lbs 7 oz.  Just to point out - Abigail came out at just over 38 weeks, weighing 5 lbs. 3 oz! SO, in comparison, we have a big boy here. Since our last weight estimate 4 weeks ago, he has gained 2 lbs!!! If he continues to gain 1 lb every 2 weeks we are looking at over 8lbs of baby!!! :-)  I had started drinking a protein shake in the mornings just because I really don't eat a lot of meat so I am never sure I get enough protein, I think that has helped a bit with his weight gain.

We got to see a 3D picture of our little guy. While it was "neat" to see facial features I don't actually think this is my preferred viewing method. It just showed so much more detail that you couldn't always decipher and it made me nervous that something was wrong. I don't know how those people tell the difference between some of the things they are looking at. Sometimes I wonder if they are just guessing!

He is still very much head down and its way down. I said a week or so ago that I thought he dropped and I would have to say for certain now that he has. My breathing is MUCH better and my bladder is MUCH worse. Trade offs I guess!

We have another Sono appointment in 4 weeks but time will tell if we make it that long, that would be 38 weeks and Abigail came at just over 38 so we'll see!

I have a regular OB appointment tomorrow but those can be quite boring other than hearing that magical heartbeat. I do get to meet a new doctor in the practice. Hopefully I like her as she is already rotating into the call schedule for deliveries.

Size: Depending on where you look we could be a butternut squash or a cantaloupe

Movement: I really am amazed at what a difference movement is based on where your placenta is located. With Abigail my placenta was in the front of my stomach so movement was much more muted. This time we do not have that so movement is so much more noticeable. I was sorry I couldn't get my video camera out fast enough the other day, I was sitting on the couch and he was moving so much you could see the punches and elbows he was throwing. It was so entertaining and of course I was the only one around!

Cravings: Still bagels and PF Changs! mmmmmm Changs spicy chicken! :-) I have been enjoying some spicy foods lately.

Projects: I made a few lists and we are tackling them. I am attacking mine much more slowly than daddy does his. He has powered through a lot of his list this past weekend, which I think means he needs a few more things added to his list! ;-)  But in all seriousness I couldn't do it without him and he has been super super helpful.

How am I feeling: Wide awake when I should be sleeping. No clue why! It stinks. But for the most part this past week has been quiet. There were a few busy days of laundry and baby prep and those wear me out and start up my sciatic pain but it is nothing compared to what it was with Abigail, so no complaints there.

Abigail's Week: Hmm...sick and rainy. We still don't know if she had a cold or if it was allergies. I finally took her to the doctor and she seemed to think allergies. I'm not entirely convinced. Guess we will have to ask Grandpa Mauriello what he thinks. She is on the mend tho and cannot wait to see her friends!

The weather here last week was awful to say the least so on top of not feeling great, we were pretty much stuck inside because it was raining non stop for about 5 days! We needed the rain but I think we all would have preferred if it had been stretched out a bit over a few weeks.

I have looked at our calendar and the next 3 weeks are packed full of fun events with our friends, doctors appointments and somewhere in there we need to fit in some baby prep and maybe a bit of rest. We'll see how that goes!

Abigail cut a jack-o-lantern with her daddy this past weekend. She had a blast. Thought it was the coolest thing ever. I think she is really going to be into the Halloween thing this year. She got her first run at wearing her princess Sophia costume today and was very happy. She wasn't so happy when mommy wouldn't open every piece of candy she got. So that could be interesting! :-)

A Huge for baby brother! 

See Mommy, I have a belly too! 

Pumpking carving with daddy. On the excitement scale this was  a 10 for Abigail. 

Ridin on my Trike! 



Happy Girl carving pumpkins with daddy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment