Wednesday, October 9, 2013

33 Weeks!



Another busy week here! I typically prefer busy to not, so no complaints here (just yet anyways)!

Here are a few things I've learned this week:
* My belly is in the way of putting on my shoes! 
* I should not be pushing around a heavy cart at Costco
* My rings REALLY don't fit anymore
* I think he has "dropped," seems early but it is giving me some extra breathing room tho it may also be part of the reason putting on shoes is quite difficult! 

Size: A Durian Fruit

Movement: He has had a quiet day or two but thats always followed by a very active day or so. I am hoping on our quiet days we are doing lots of growing! The other night he kept me up for quite some time. Of course I had to get up for one of my trips to the bathroom and he proceeded to get the hiccups and I could not go back to sleep. He has had quite a bit of hiccup episodes lately.

Cravings: Bagels, bagels and more bagels! So I stocked up and am enjoying some bagels!

Projects: Well things are slowly starting to come together. Doing more laundry and going through all of the essential baby stuff to see what of Abigail's we can use for baby brother. We attempted to put up the curtains this weekend but mom failed on buying the correct size! That's what I get for buying the cheaper set of curtain rods! Back to the store I will go. I did feel rather proud of myself for finding some clearance diapers at Target! Wohoo! Every once in a while they will put the boxes on sale that are starting to fall apart. Nothing wrong with the diapers, its just the boxes are not holding up. So you save a few bucks on a box, which can add up!

Progress!! 

I think the traveler theme has turned out quite well. The wall decals are super cute! 


How am I feeling: This has been a pretty good week. I don't think I have gained much weight since my illness a few weeks ago, so while I personally don't mind that, I still want baby boy to grow so we'll see what the doctor says next week.

Abigail's Week: Well like I said we had a fairly busy week with several park trips to enjoy the last few drops of sunshine we could get! This weekend we had some friends over to watch the MD game and Abigail was so excited to play with mommy and daddy's friends that she refused to take a nap! (shocker) So come 7 p.m. she was falling asleep on the couch, which was quite funny to watch. Somewhere along the way last week, she got a runny nose, which we are still fighting. Abigail has it, daddy has it and now Bugala has it. Mom is praying she gets a pass on this one! On Sunday, Abigail went with Daddy to the park while mommy did a bit of shopping for baby brother and Abigail.

I think I have collected enough "stuff" for Abigail's big sister hospital bag. I ordered a big sister bag the other day which should be arriving soon and I can then put everything together. Bugala got Abigail her very own digital camera. She has really been enjoying taking mommy and daddy's phone and trying to take pictures on her own so we figured this would be a good gift for her. I got her a bunch of little activity things to do while she is visiting at the hospital and I know she will love having her very own "purse"

Just the other morning, Abigail told me that she needed to bring her Teddy to the breakfast table because when baby brother comes he will get Teddy, it was so cute and very sad at the same time! I assured her that we will get baby brother his very own Teddy and she could keep hers. She seemed relieved but has been very attached to teddy this week.

I still have not entered the "panic" phase. I don't know if I will or not. We have 7 weeks to go but if he makes an early appearance like his sister did, we could be looking at more like 5 weeks. Neither is an extremely long period of time but for some reason November 26 sounds like it is ages away which I think is why I am not really panicking about anything just yet. I remember one thing with Abigail that always made me think "Oh my its coming so soon," was when you would buy something at the grocery store that had an expiration date close to your due date. Well, we are there. I have several things that expire pretty close to our due date so it must not be that far off!

My one big goal before baby boy arrives is to make a bunch of freezer crockpot meals so that I don't have to think about cooking dinner for a while. It's hard enough with a toddler running around to figure out what's for dinner, I can't imagine trying to figure that out with a toddler and a newborn. So fingers crossed I can reach that goal!!!

Next weeks fun: Another sonogram and doctors appointment! I am SUPER excited to see what his size / weight looks like now! I feel like he has grown quite a bit over the past few weeks. Plus, I really am just hoping we have more like a 7-8 lb baby and not quite as teeny tiny as our princess was at 5lb 3 oz.

We haven't seen much of the puppy lately. He's still here but feeling very much neglected. 

He can always seem to tell when I'm pregnant and he begins acting up quite a bit. 

She so cute! But then she got the idea that the pumpkin should be compared to mommys belly! 



Kisses for baby brother! 

Hugs for our baby! 




Last fun day of summer at the park! 

Dinner outside in the beautiful weather before it disappears! 



No comments:

Post a Comment