Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby Update: Week 9

How far along: 9 Weeks

Baby Size: Well, I was slightly off on my info last week. This past week we were the size of a kidney bean. During the upcoming week we will be growing from the size of a grape! We're movin up!

Krystal Size: About the same. Some pants fit, others don't. It's like a guessing game to get dressed in the mornings.

What's Growing this week: Well, last week we saw eyelids growing in to cover the eyes and webbed fingers and toes starting to form for some cute little hands and feet! We now have breathing tubes extending down his (or her) throat to the developing lungs. Nerve cells are connecting in the brain but no word yet on if we will be a boy or a girl!

Newly growing this week we will see our little grape is about an inch long. A whole inch! This week we are going to look more and more like a human. Our heart will finish dividing into four chambers, and valves will begin to develop. We will also see the development of tiny teeth this week. All of our vital organs and systems are pretty much in place, they just need to do a lot of developing. Our eyelids are completely fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. We have tiny earlobes, mouth, nose and nostrils and we are ready for some rapid weight gain.

Morning Sickness:Things haven't been tooooo bad. This past weekend I felt like I had the flu all weekend. Still having my 11 am round of pretzels.

Food Cravings and Dislikes: I did have a craving the other day for some doritos. So my wonderful husband went to the store and got me some! I'm also eating a lot of the veggie breakfast sausages. Don't know why but they are so yummy!

What's new in the baby room:
Matt cleared out the bed and the nightstands this past weekend. So no more guest room. We (and by we, I mean Matt) did some rearranging downstairs and moved the office out of the room it was in and moved the bedroom into that room. Uncle Robby has dreams of a makeover in the basement so he can have his own "space." We'll see how that goes.

Baby Names & Grandparent Names
Okay, the A's did pretty well. So now we are moving on to the B's. Don't forget we need grandparent names too. They can be just as much fun!

Matt's notes:
Wow! Being such an awesome husband can really take it out of you!
Actually, I'm kidding. I'm doing just fine, but obviously I'm just trying to do everything i can to make life as easy as possible for Krystal. It's not too hard if you just think of all the little things, like laundry, dishwashing, cooking, vacuuming, taking the dog out, taking the trash out, grocery shopping (even for 1 item), etc. During one of my grocery runs, i figured it wouldn't hurt if i stopped at the beer store for a few "research samples" ;-)
Krystal was right in her earlier post about it not really sinking in until the sonogram. After seeing the heartbeat, however, its definitely official. And as much as i want to keep tight lipped about it because its still so early, I find I'm having a hard time not telling more people at work about it. But really, thats not a terrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment