Check out pictures from the shower....... http://gallery.me.com/vkettner/100269
Baby Size: A Honeydew Melon! We have come a long way from a poppyseed! Only one more fruit size to go!
Krystal's Weight Gain::
Enough! ;-)
Maternity Clothes:
I have procrastinated on getting bigger shoes long enough, tonight will entail a trip to the store for some slip on shoes that actually fit my now swollen feet.
How Mom's feeling:
It has been one heck of a week! Mom got a lovely 12 hour bug that she did not enjoy at all. Thankfully dad didn't get it but Uncle Robby did! It's an excellent way to start a diet, but I wouldn't recommend it for a pregnant lady!
The swelling in my feet and legs is a lot of fun and by fun I mean that I feel like my legs weigh a TON a piece and I have to work at getting them to move! Okay, its not quite that bad but I'm not enjoying this part. I had to wear slippers to work today because I couldn't get my shoes to fit so then I made a trip to the store on the way home to pick up a new pair....in a whole size bigger than normal! Fantastic.
Heartburn has made a comeback so it is getting harder and harder to eat almost anything it seems. The other day I think I was getting heartburn from drinking too much water!
What's Growing This Week:
She should be about 17 inches long and gaining quite a bit of weight these days. The bones in her head are still quite soft so that she can pass through the birth canal. There is a lot of pressure during that process so babies tend to come out with a cone shaped head. We aren't sure what happend to dad's head since he was a c-section??? :-)
We had our 32 week sonogram last Friday and learned that this little girl weighs about 4 lbs and growing! She is doing well in the 47th percentile and the doctor kindly informed us that she has a big head. Grrreeaat.......
Baby Movement:
I have been noticing a lot more pushing rather than kicks since she is running out of room in there. A plus to the recent illness was spending quite a bit of time in bed which meant I was able to pick up and notice a lot more of her movements since I wasn't doing much moving.
Food Cravings and Dislikes:
For a while there I was craving to not have to eat any food at all! That has passed and we are back to a normal diet!
What's New in the Baby Room:
Well the baby room is in full swing! We had our first baby shower this past weekend and got so many wonderful gifts. I had a fantastic time at the shower. Mom came and helped me start putting things away. I think this little girl might be on the fast track to have more shoes than mom! But they are soooo cute!
Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
Well, I could tell you the name but I'm sticking to our plan! It sounds like our parents have possibly decided on their names?? I think Matt's Mom is going with Nonna, which is Italian for grandmother and so I am guessing Paul will be going with Nonno, which is Italian for grandfather.
My mother has an aversion to anything "grand" (not sure why) so I think she is taking her own liberties and changing grandma to granma. I don't know what dad thinks but I'm guessing he's okay with grandpa?
In the end, I think all of the grandparents will love whatever this little girl calls them and that will be what sticks. Time will tell.
What I'm looking forward to:
Well, I am looking forward to some time off from work. Tho, it will probably be more work to be at home than at work. I am getting super excited to meet this little girl. I know she has a few more weeks to "cook" but as most of you know, when I want something, I usually want it pretty quickly. I of course want the baby to come when she's ready but she'd better be ready on time!
What I miss:
Clear skin, my ankles, my skinny fingers, wearing my wedding rings. I could go on but its all worth it!
Excitement of the week:
This could be a long list....
We had a wonderful baby shower this past weekend and I cannot thank everyone enough for all of the gifts, time and energy put into the shower! This baby is going to be so terribly spoiled!
We got power back at our house after 3 days without! Then we had no water for part of a day but luckily, I missed that while at work.
Obviously the sonogram was lots of fun to be able to see this little girl. Of course dad did confirm that yes, it is a girl. He does not want any last minute surprises or the torture of having to paint the room again!
We got to see Labor and Delivery at our hospital last night. Mom has quickly decided there is going to have to be a "game plan" for family and visitors or a schedule. We all know how organized I like to be with my plans!
Overall, its been quite a busy and fun (minus the 12 hour bug) week. Its hard to believe that there are only 7 more to go! As the childbirth instructor reminded us last night really, anything can happen after 36 weeks....which is only 3 weeks away!!! That makes me a little nervous! Guess we better get that carseat installed ASAP!
This Granma - Or Grandma - or Gee (Something new )? or whatever our new little princess wants to call me is also getting very excited to meet the newest member of our family. Lots of anxiety over remembering how to care for a little baby - since my last Baby just turned 21 !! YIKES... But I'm told its like riding a bike you never forget. I am truly excited about the joy she will bring to all of us. So, Baby Girl Mauriello we are anxiously waiting your arrival.
ReplyDelete