Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Update Week 34!


Note the awesomely awesome shoes that don't even remotely match! But at least they fit my feet!




Baby Size: A Honeydew Melon!

Krystal's Weight Gain::
Enough! ;-)

Maternity Clothes:
I would still prefer to wear my sweats all day but I guess that will have to wait until I'm home with this little one for a bit.

How Mom's feeling:
Tired has returned and I think it might be around for the next 18+ years!

My sciatic nerve and I are still not getting along very well. But I can hobble with the best of them.

What's Growing This Week:
We are probably weighing in somewhere between 4.75-5 lbs and we are about 18 inches long. She continues to gain body fat to help regulate her temperature once she is outside the womb. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs continue to develop. Its reassuring to know that babies born between 34-37 weeks premature tend to do very well and typically have no long term health problems. Of course we would still prefer that this one cooks a bit longer!

Baby Movement:
She seems to be moving all over the place. I am hoping that she is still head down, tho I am not convinced because she has had quite a bit of movement lately. It is all in the same areas that it has been so fingers crossed she hasn't decided to flip around!

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
This has been quite the uneventful pregnancy for food cravings.

What's New in the Baby Room:
I think we have most everything put away. The closet is filling up fast! Thank goodness dad did all that work to get us some extra shelves!

Baby Name:
We are getting so close.....I could give you a letter......


What I'm looking forward to:
I am looking forward to the swelling going away! I also can't wait to spend some quality time with this little one and daddy.

I am also looking forward to my 2nd and 3rd baby showers! We will have one at work towards the end of the month and then one in Hagerstown soon after that!

What I miss:
Lots of things. This week I miss being able to bend over and pick something up off the floor that I dropped! And of course I have been rather clumsy lately!

Excitement of the week:
Well dad has been working hard on getting the family room project completed so he has been doing lots of painting! Its looking very good. Hopefully we (and by we, I of course mean dad!) can finish up this weekend and then we can order carpet! Fun times! Nothing like waiting til the last minute!!

We have a visit with a pediatrician's group tomorrow. Hopefully that goes well. Who knew you are supposed to interview doctors these days!

We had baby class last night. We learned everything we'll ever need to know about how to care for a newborn.....not! I'm sure it was helpful for some people who were there but I don't think I learned much new information. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment