

Baby Size: A Honeydew Melon!
Krystal's Weight Gain::
Enough! ;-)
Maternity Clothes:
Many of my shirts are quite snug around the belly. So everyone has been commenting on how much bigger I look.
How Mom's feeling:
This has been a pretty good week. I've been able to try and get some more sleep tho I would not call any of it quality sleep. One of the hardest things a pregnant woman has to do is turn over in bed! Its seriously hard!
My belly button is quickly shrinking. Its starting to stick out a little bit around the edges so I must be nearing DONE!!
What's Growing This Week:
This week we are about 5.25 lbs and about 18 inches long. There is not much room left so there isn't much chance of too many somersaults in there! Her kidney's are fully developed and her liver is capable of processing waste products. Most all of our physical developments are complete we just need a few more weeks to gain a bit of weight.
Baby Movement:
Lots of pressure and pushing instead of kicking. She is not at all a fan of when I lean over to do anything. I think it crowds her space a bit and she does not like that at all and lets me know by pushing back!
Food Cravings and Dislikes:
Nothing to speak of this week. I think dad is the one craving pickles!
What's New in the Baby Room:
It has been a quiet week again in the baby room. But I think the next few weeks are going to start getting busy with putting more things away.
Baby Name:
Okay.....Here's a letter...... L. I can't tell you where it goes in the name but its in there!
What I'm looking forward to:
I cannot wait for my clear skin to return. I can honestly say I don't think I have EVER had acne this bad. It really must be true when they say you can tell you are having a girl because she is stealing all your beauty (well at least I can hope so!). I think she has pretty good chances of being extremely cute but I might be slightly biased.
More fun baby showers! I am also looking forward to going out to get the rest of what we need for this little one!
What I miss:
I am missing some energy right now but I am hopeful that the nesting is going to really set in over the next few weeks and I am going to be cleaning cleaning cleaning to get ready for this little one!
Excitement of the week:
I asked the doctor the other day if its okay if I continue working as long as possible and she laughed and said "well your country says it is" Matt and I got a good laugh about this. She is from Germany and apparently in many European countries pregnant women get relieved from work - WITH PAY 6 weeks before their baby is due AND they get an entire YEAR off after having the baby! For baby number 2 they get to be off work for 3 years!
Clearly, we are doing something wrong here! Haha. Matt and I had the same terrible thought, these women must not have very important jobs that they can be gone for a year or 3 years without any problems! Sure, it would be nice but I don't think that will ever fly here.
We finished up baby class. Nothing terribly eventful. Now we have free Wednesdays again!
I think I had my first round of some braxton hicks contractions last night. I wouldn't call them painful but just a little uncomfortable and they came and went every few minutes for about an hour. Thankfully they went away so I could try to get some sleep. Sadly tho I am fighting off a cold and I am not winning so sleep isn't great and there is nothing I can take! Oh fun times!!
OK - I know I have changed my opinion on knowing the name a couple of times. I guess if we are in the "guessing" mode or the game of 1 letter a week it would be nice to add a few other parameters? Like how many letters are in the name. Clearly that will help us all who are trying to figure it out. Without that knowledge it could be near impossible for anyone to guess. Lets face it even the WHEEL OF FORTUNE gives you the number of letters?? Ha ha.... And seeing how we are T-minus 5/6 weeks and counting there might not be enough weeks left for good guessing....... :-(
ReplyDelete