Thursday, October 28, 2010

Baby Update Week 19!


Sorry the picture is not so hot....I'm still waiting on a lovely birthday present....

How far along: 19 Weeks!

Baby Size: Heirloom Tomato

Krystal's Weight Gain::
Well I must say the doctors office scale is not my friend! If I go with that scale (tho I had my shoes on) I've gained about 16 lbs. I feel a little more confident that we are right around 13.

Maternity Clothes:
Still loving my comfy clothes! I ordered a few more shirts which arrived yesterday and I will soon be sporting with the cooler weather.

How Mom's feeling:
The energy comes and goes but the lists keep growing! I have a list of projects that seems to never end. Not so sure everything can be done before the baby comes but we'll certainly try.

Mom is sporting a bigger belly these days. I think by Thanksgiving things will be pretty obvious.

What's Growing This Week:
Our baby's sensory development is "exploding" this week! We are designating areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision and touch. I've read that its possible the baby can now hear our voices so its time to start talking away to that belly! We weigh in at about 8.5 oz and are about 6 inches long.

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
I am still waiting on these cravings! I have been desiring a few too many sweets as of late. I've read this could mean we are having a girl.......

What's New in the Baby Room:
Nothing new but mom is ready to pick out a pattern once we know if we are having a boy or a girl!

Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
This week L is for.......

What I'm looking forward to:
The anticipation is killing me and I have just over 1 week to go until the big day! I can't wait to find out!!!

The lucky winner of getting to know what we are having first (outside of Matt and I) is Uncle B. So you better be waiting right by your phone on the 5th!

Excitement of the week:
It's still pretty exciting to feel movement. I had a pretty good kick recently. Some days are more active than others. I can't wait until Dad can feel the kicks too!

I've signed us up for our baby classes. They start in January. I've heard they can be a waste of time but we will get a tour of the hospital so that will be nice.

The doctor told us to start thinking about if we want an epidural or not. She suggested that I get one because "who wants to feel that pain!" I can't imagine that I won't and I know my family will laugh at me and say I am the biggest baby when it comes to pain, but I think I've been doing much better! I'm sure I'll get one though because really who does want to feel that pain!?!???

4 comments:

  1. Wait till Ricky catches wind of "no epidural" Ha ha Ha. Furthermore Matt you really need to encourage this. TRUST US. We love you KB - but taking pain is not your strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! over the epidural. Never had one. Never had anything with Ben... had something to "take the edge off" with Zach and Dan. My labors were very fast... I'm sure I would've gotten one if it was looking like a longer period of time.

    As far as names....

    Grandmother name:
    one of the ladies in my book club has the grandkids call her "LaLa" It's really cute.

    No girls names really jump out at me.

    :-)

    Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm late for L, but
    Lilliane
    Lily
    That's all I can think of for L.
    Had an epidural with Robert and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete