Thursday, October 7, 2010

Baby Update Week 16!


How far along: 16 Weeks! 4 Months!!

Baby Size: Avacado

Krystal's Weight Gain::
I think about the same maybe closer to 10 lbs.

Maternity Clothes:
I have officially changed wardrobes to the more comfortable variety! I am a much happier person to say the least. Only problem is the pants are falling down a bit because my belly isn't quite big enough to hold them up. I figure that will change soon enough!

How Mom's feeling:
I think my energy is coming back. Though I can still fall asleep by 10 and sleep till 8 or later if someone would let me!

The heartburn / indigestion has been amazing and by amazing I mean absolutely awful. It can be hours after I ate and if I lay down, its like my chest if on fire! I'm gonna have to investigate sleeping while sitting up.

I have heard that the whole nesting thing isn't supposed to happen until you are closer to delivery but let me tell you the lists of things to do have already started. Now, I just need to finish them all!

What's Growing This Week:
Apparently we are about to have our first growth spurt! In the next few weeks we will double our weight and add several inches. We are about 4.5 inches long right now and weigh about 3.5 oz. Everything is a bit more developed, legs, eyes and ears are almost to their permanent location. The patterning of our scalp has begun but no hair just yet. On an interesting note - we are already developing toenails! Our heart is pumping about 25 qts of blood a day which will continue to increase as we develop.

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
Still anything veggie.....veggie chili, veggie burgers, veggie breakfast links..... I did have a craving for a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds the other night at like 10pm and I resisted the urge but last night I did not, so my wonderful husband went and got me one! It was amazing! :-)

What's New in the Baby Room:
All of our furniture is now here and looks lovely. It's temporary home is in the living room until we get the room painted upstairs.

Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
This week is I for.......

What I'm looking forward to:
November 5, 2010......20 Week sonogram. This little guy/girl better be showing the goods or I'm gonna be really upset!

Excitement of the week:
I think we are getting closer to feeling real movement. I have had a couple episodes where I think it could have been movement but I don't want to be jumping the gun. It has been a strange feeling so I'm thinking it might have been the real deal but a few more weeks we should have solid confirmation!

The little guy/girl and I got to go with Aunt Chelsea to look at wedding dresses! We had a great time and we think Aunt Chelsea is going to be a beautiful bride!! :-)

Here are a few pictures of the furniture. We do not have great lighting in the living room for taking pictures and the camera on Matt's phone does a better job than our camera so they aren't great. Guess who wants a new camera for her birthday.........



2 comments:

  1. My name choices for I are:

    Isabella Mauriello -( not coming up with good middle name) calling her Bella for short.... She will be such a little princess just like her Momma. :)
    Grandparent names are still a bit of struggle - Someone told me the other day their sister is called Gee-Gee. I am still leaning towards something different. Just not sure what that is yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isabella Grace
    Ilyssa Faith
    Isabella Suzanne

    Love the furniture!!!

    ReplyDelete