Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Update Week 18!


How far along: 18 Weeks!

Baby Size: I've seen two comparisons a Bell Pepper and a sweet potato

Krystal's Weight Gain::
I can say that I am not the biggest fan of the weight gain. I think we are closer to 12-13lbs. this week and I am going to thank the fabulous leftover cake from my mom's birthday! We will have to compare with the doctors scale on Friday.

Maternity Clothes:
I got a wonderful present this week! Lynda got me some new shirts and the wonderful maternity pants that I couldn't live without! Thanks Lynda!!

How Mom's feeling:
Pretty good. I think things are starting to do a bit more stretching around the belly button area. I hear my belly button will pop much like the thermometer on a thanksgiving turkey, only I will be far from done when that happens.

What's Growing This Week:
We are about 5.5 inches long and weigh about 7 oz. This little one is busy flexing arms and legs, which mom is starting to notice. Our ears are in their final location and there is a protective covering that is beginning to form around their nerves and will continue to do so for a year after they are born. This week marks a good chance at determining if we are having a boy or a girl. So only 2 more weeks until the big day!

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
I can say that mentioning Thanksgiving has me excited. I have been in the mood for "something different" lately. I can't say exactly what that something different is, which turns out to be quite a problem! So, if anyone has any yummy food suggestions, I am listening!

What's New in the Baby Room:
Nothing new this week. I think the baby room will be on hold until just after Nov. 5. Then its time to get ready!

Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
This week is K for.......

What I'm looking forward to:
November 5, 2010......20 Week sonogram!! I am so anxious to find out if we are having a boy or a girl!

Excitement of the week:
So this past weekend Matt and I went to the new babies r us in Columbia to look around and check a few things out. There isn't a lot that we can pick out yet since so many things are gender specific but we figure the bigger items we should go more gender neutral so they can be used again.

We were looking at strollers and carseats and let me tell you these things are NOTHING like they were when we were kids. I remember having to take the seat belt and feed it through somewhere to get the car seat to stay in place, now there are self leveling car seat holders! Most of them are now 5 point harnesses as well and there is just one strap you can pull and it tightens up the whole thing. If you get one of the "travel systems" it comes with a stroller and a carseat to match. Then the carseat will sit in the stroller and lock into place so that it won't fall out of the stroller.

Matt and I found this all quite amazing. As we were looking at different brands of travel systems we found that one did not seem to hold the carseat in place as well as some of the others. A kind dad passing by came over to show matt that there were safety hooks that you had to turn in order to get the carseat to stay completely in place. He looked at matt and said don't worry I've been there, you'll figure it out! I was quite entertained.

Tuesday night I was having a quiet, relaxing evening on the couch catching up on some shows and this baby was moving about. It was pretty continuous for about 10-15 minutes or so and then if I changed positions it would stop briefly and then start up again. Of course it wasn't anything that dad could feel. I think we have a few more weeks before that happens. I however am very excited about feeling some movement! I am looking forward to dad being able to feel it as well!

I can't tell if Jack has figured out or "senses" that there is something in mom's belly or not. He doesn't like to cuddle up too close to my belly anymore, tho he has his defiant moments when he wants to stand on my belly. But, I think he is slowly figuring it out. He is usually pretty cautious when he comes to snuggle up with me.

3 comments:

  1. Khloe Renee Mauriello
    Kaitlyn Elizabeth Mauriello
    Katherine Renee Mauriello - Katie for short??
    Kayla Josephine Mauriello

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kacy Marie
    Kaitlin Renee
    Kassidy Dawn
    Kathryn Elizabeth
    Kerry Anne
    Just a thought with grandparents...YaYa is Greek for grandmother. Suggested by a Greek friend of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina Dawn - love Kat for short!

    ReplyDelete