Tuesday, March 13, 2012

February has come and gone.....

So has Abigails First Haircut and our First Trip to the ER!

We started the month by going out to watch a TERPS game at the Greene Turtle. Of course Abigail had to wear her Cheerleading outfit and sport her lovely new sneakers! She was a trooper, she sat at the table and munched on her goodies for quite a while. The floor looked like a tornado had come through when we were ready to leave but we all had a good time.

Abigail is LOVING her new tennis shoes. At first she was a little apprehensive but now when she takes them off she carries them around with her. She knows exactly what her "shoes" are and is happy to go and find them when you ask.

It is amazing the words she is learning. She knows shoes and she also knows where her toes are. We are working on nose but not quite there yet. The other day she had taken my phone (her one true love in life) and laid it down on the floor across the room. I asked her a few minutes later what she did with mommy's phone and she went over and picked it up! AMAZING!

We decided that it was time for Abigail to get a haircut. Things were getting a little out of control and she was starting to sport the pebbles look which she didn't enjoy for much more than 3 days. So you will see some pics from our very first haircut. She did an outstanding job. She sat there all by herself like a pro! Didn't squirm or fuss just sat there. In some of the pictures it almost looks like she was sticking out her neck when needed. It was really cute. The first haircut did almost make mom cry.

Then came Valentines Day! YAY! We had several cute outfits to wear so we had to start a day early of course! But Abby got to have a fun few days. Her gramma brought her a big teddy bear balloon which she adored. It was her favorite thing to do to go over to him and point up and say hey let me see my bear!

Sadly, February also brought us our first (and hopefully LAST) trip to the ER. Abby was upstairs with daddy getting ready for naptime but she wasn't quite ready so she was a little fidgety. Abby was on our bed and made her way over to the edge where her eyebrow met the corner of the new night stand. Of course there was screaming so mom came running. Daddy had not even realized that we were bleeding yet. So we cleaned things up, made sure we stopped bleeding and decided we'd better make a trip just in case. Luckily, they were able to use the "glue" instead of having to do any stitches. But of course this had to happen just 2 short weeks before our big birthday party!! :-(


I made the decision in February that I was going to make Abigail's First Birthday Cake!  I found a Castle Cake pan and decided to give it the old College try! I bought all of the necessary items and I did a practice run at baking the cake a few weekends ago. It came out great! Slide right out of the pan...no problems! Wohoo! I also made my very own icing! It wasn't terribly hard at all. I did a practice run at icing everything and it came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Took a while but all for a good cause! 

Can you believe that with the last post I was AMAZED that Abby has 6 teeth....well guess who is working on #7. I know this shouldn't come as such a shock but so many kids don't even start getting teeth until closer to a year that it's just surprising that she has 7 already!


Abby has learned how to point and is working on telling you what she wants. If you ask her if she wants her bottle she will walk over to her bottle and point at it. We also recently got Abby a chair. Its a fairy chair but in Abby size. She loves it! She will walk over to it and sit down to watch tv, it's adorable. This afternoon she would walk over to mom who had a dish of Abby's favorite snack (cheerios) grab one, walk back to her chair and sit down and eat it, then get back up and do it again! Too cute.

Abby has also learned how to "play" with Jack. She will take one of the boarder pieces of her foam floor mat and wave / hit him with it. He of course will try to catch it in his mouth and she thinks this is hysterical! She giggles and giggles and giggles, again, tooooo cute.

Mom has taken on a big project, because I have been a slacker at it thus far and my goal is to finish it by the time Abby turns 1. Aunt Val had given us a really great gift at Abby's shower which was a "year of scrap booking" made easy for mom's like me!! So I have started by putting things together, now all I have to do is pick out the pictures and write out the stories!! This will be easier said than done as Abby has a radar out for any time mom or dad sit down at the computer or pull out the laptop! She can't get enough and won't leave you alone so wish me luck! I am super excited about this project tho because you can put in a picture from every day over the past year! How cool is that!!!!




Putting on my new shoes! 

 Daddy trying to fix my hair
Abby  says oh geez, dad did my hair....

Before my first haircut! looking a little scruffy! 


 My first haircut! 
 oh yea, I know I look good! 


 Happy Almost Valentine's Day! 


Happy Valentine's Day! 

 LOOK...a Bear! 


Results of my first ER visit. Above her left eye is the result of abby flinging food! 

 YIKES!
 Jack has become unbelievably tolerant of Abigail. She pets him, climbs all over him and he sits there like a perfect puppy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment