Abby and I met up with Daddy at work on Friday and headed out on the Metro. It was our first metro trip with the little one and it went fairly well. Of course the one thing mommy forgot on the hottest day of the year so far....a hat for the baby! Not a stellar mom moment. But we did have sunscreen and lots of water. So we faired okay.
We have arrived, getting everything adjusted and lotioned up!
Thirsty, thirsty, it was hot!
My favorite two people!
This was Abby's first trip downtown
So pretty!
Someone was very tired but there was just toooo much going on for her to fall asleep.
If we had sat for a while she may have fallen asleep but we didn't want to risk a screaming baby on the metro so we made it a short trip.
What's new this week.....hmm...Abby has a cold and so does mom! Hopefully we will be over it soon.
Abby is sleeping through the night which is amazing. I told Matt the other day that I guess it's time to start on number two since I always said not until number 1 sleeps through the night! Haha...yea, I'm still not ready for #2 just yet.
With spring has come a little spring cleaning. I cleaned out abby's closet and we only have 4 big boxes of clothes....thats not toooooo much right? Well, let's hope someone else in the family has a girl cause we have lots of clothes!
Abby had her first juice box today. Only took 2 tries to get the straw thing down. Only took mom 2 fails to remember Abby can't hold the juice box without squeezing it! oops!
We are working on lots of words. Matt and I are pretty sure when she is pointing at things she is saying "that?" and wants to know what it is. She LOVES music. If we are in a restaurant she is dancing in her high chair listening to the music. If you turn music on at home she starts dancing. It's so stinking cute.
The main highlight of the week has been the sleeping but I think the talking is just around the corner. Once that starts, oh boy! Her "personality" (read temper) has really started to come out this week too. If you take something she wants....well, she let's you know. You can usually re-direct her pretty quickly but oh my! She was walking around for a minute with her hand on her hip today! I don't know if mom can handle the hand on the hip, really, it's just too much for me!
Happy Sunday! Hope everyone got to see the Cherry Blossoms! It was crowded but nice to venture out and know we can survive!!


No comments:
Post a Comment