Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baby Update Week 29!



How far along: 29 Weeks!

Baby Size: We are now the size of a butternut squash!

Krystal's Weight Gain::
Enough! ;-)

Maternity Clothes:
It has been cold this week so sweaters it has been.

How Mom's feeling:
Other than the hip/sciatic pain, I'm feeling pretty good. It's been easier to stay awake a little later but its getting harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning.

What's Growing This Week:
This week we weigh about 2.5 lbs and are about 15 inches long. This little girls muscles and lungs are continuing to mature and her head is growing to make room for her developing brain. She is stealing calcium from me everyday so I am supposed to be drinking my milk. She also has increasing demands for protein, vitamin C, folic acid and iron.

Baby Movement:
I think this little girl has her head up by mom's lungs and her kicking feet down by mom's cervix. Some of our kicks have taken mom's breath away.

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
I had some wonderful taco bell last night. Haven't had that in quite a while. I'm sure it filled all of the nutritional requirements of a good meal ;-) Dad was a little jealous he passed up on it because it smelled so yummy!

What's New in the Baby Room:
This baby room is about 99% done!! Dad worked super hard this past weekend to get everything on mom's list done. Matt finished putting up the miniblinds, put up the curtain rods with the valances and took on the big closet project. He took out the one shelf that was in there and put in new shelves and a new clothes rod. It looks great!


New closet shelves!



New closet doors.


A few of the final touches....eventually we will put this little girls name up on the shelf above the mirror



Jack is just happy that he gets a good spot to be the big protector of the baby!

Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
This week V is for....

What I'm looking forward to:
I am looking forward to a fun and exciting spring! Baby showers and this little girl's arrival!

What I miss:
Comfortable sleeping.

Excitement of the week:
We started baby classes last night. There are 4 couples in the class. We were originally scheduled for a Thursday class but they called and said it was quite full and asked if we wouldn't mind moving to Wednesday. Its a good thing we did! The room is not very large and with the 4 couples it can get crowded. I don't know how they are going to get 9 couples in that room tonight!

Since we are at the hospital we will be delivering at the instructor can give us a little more info on how things will go at that hospital. Of course there are movies and then "floor time." Matt and I are having a hard time not laughing at some of this stuff. I'm hopeful that we will learn something useful.

6 comments:

  1. Ok...since it's V.... I have to suggest Valerie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know several Vicki's in my life and I really dont care for Vicki name but I love Victoria - I think its very elegant and lady like... You know old fashioned.

    So Victoria Elizabeth Mauriello is my suggestion. BOY thats alot of name isnt it !! Ha ha.

    I do like Valerie as well !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room is absolutely adorable. Matt has done a great job getting all the little details done. Krystal did a great job picking out the bedding. Jack well he hasnt done much of anything but loves to listen to the little musical mobile when granma turns it on for him to hear !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria Elizabeth is an awesome name :)I too prefer the entire name over nicknames, as anyone who knows me will tell you. I missed T and U, not that I know a name beginning with U. For T though, I like Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, forgot to tell Matt what an awesome job he's done with the room. It looks like a dream room from a magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Krystal-
    I just wanted to say you look great and I am so impressed with the baby's room!!! It looks great! Your little one is going to love it! Take care!

    ReplyDelete