30 Weeks .....
The downhill!!! So I hope! It could be 10 weeks, it could be 8 weeks it could be 6! Who knows! That 6 number sounds awfully close though!
We had a sonogram at 30 weeks and things are looking just fine! Except for maybe the size of his head! We are measuring around the 93rd percentile for head size! FANTASTIC! :-( We didn't get to see much as he was head down and facing the wrong way and was not very cooperative at all to show us anything else exciting. But on the plus side, he is head down already and he is weighing about 3.5 lbs. Mommy is hoping for a baby a little bit bigger than Abigail at 5lb 3 oz. But I by no means need a 10 lb baby! :-) We will go back for another sono in about 4 weeks.
Mommy starts her every 2 week OB appointments this week so I go on Friday morning. It is going to be one busy fall with all of these appointments and Abigail activities! I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up!
Size: A large cabbage!
Movement: I am noticing that we are running out of room. So while I am still feeling lots of movement there are definitely more pushes and rolls than kicks. He keeps me up at night already!! If I wake up for any reason he does too and then keeps me awake for a while!
Cravings: None really.
Projects: It was a busy week so nothing really happened in the project department. Daddy is hoping to get the room painted soon. After that it really shouldn't take more than a day to get the room put back together!
How am I feeling: Getting tired again, and out of breath. Sadly, my stomach and my chest are having a battle of who can get bigger faster and who can make who more uncomfortable. It is not a pleasant fight.
Abigails Week: hmm....its getting harder and harder to remember things. We had a fun week though. Got in one more day at a pool! Had a fun time at a mommy & me event in Rockville and went to one of Abigail's friends birthday parties on Saturday! Mommy got to go to the Nationals game on Friday with some friends. Daddy was supposed to come but work had other things in mind so he didn't make it. Nonnie and Grandpa made it down to watch Abigail and they spent the weekend with us. Daddy went with Nonnie and Grandpa to the Ravens game while mommy and Abigail stayed home and took it easy!
I am looking forward to the cooler weather as I have been a very warm pregnant person lately. Today is a bit on the chilly side, which I wasn't quite ready for but hey....Fall is here!! When I got in the car this morning the wind was blowing and leaves were already starting to fall off of the trees.
31 Weeks......
The tale of 2 pregnancies, my oh my how they can be different!
This week has been rough to put it mildly. Towards the beginning of the week Abigail had a bit of a cold and was being the most defiant 2 1/2 year old I have ever met! Luckily for her (and mommy) her cold eased pretty quickly. But behind that cold came an illness for mommy that she would have traded 12 defiant 2 1/2 year olds for any day of the week!
Here is about the one and only thing recently that these 2 pregnancies have had in common. With Abigail at 32 weeks, I caught a 12 hour stomach bug the night before one of my baby showers. It was horrendous (at least I thought at the time) but nothing compared to the 48 hour + bug I have caught this time at 30-31 weeks. Luckily, I think the worst is over but this time around I was a little nervous with the length of the bug that I was a bit dehydrated, tho I did my best to put in as much liquid as possible. So we made a trip to Labor & Delivery on Saturday to get checked out just to make sure. Low and behold, I was a bit dehydrated and I got about a bag and a half of fluids. They gave me some nausea medicine and I was feeling pretty good. So all told we were there for about 4ish hours. Not too bad, really.
I was supposed to have a doctors appointment on Friday but I called and rescheduled that since I was not feeling so well so I go on Monday, which is nice because now I can follow up with my doctor after our events of the weekend.
Needless to say tho, I am exhausted. Last night was the first good night of sleep I've had in days and as much fluid as I got, I'm sure I am still a bit low as my appetite and desire to drink is still not where it should be.
Where these 2 pregnancies diverge is that I am officially uncomfortable. I don't remember for sure when it happened with Abigail but this past week has been bad for obvious reasons but coupled with my inability to "catch my breath" has been hard. So getting up and walking around to do anything can be quite difficult.
He is in a position where he is head down and today especially he has been kicking my ribs and lungs and I am finding it hard to get into a position where I am comfortable at all. It is more comfortable standing because that stretches out my torso but I don't have a ton of energy right now so I can't stand for very long without wanting to sit down.
As I am typing this my little princess said "mom I need my computer so we can type together." I haven't gotten enough of her over the past few days! I have been quite lucky since I have been sick to have a wonderful set of parents nearby that have watched Abigail for me a TON! Today, Daddy has been the life saver and he has been doing TONS of stuff around the house. Laundry, painting the baby room, getting Abigail up and ready for the day, cleaning out the car and cleaning up the kitchen just to name a few! He is super dad for sure!!
Size: well depending on where you read I could be carrying a coconut or a pineapple. I'm gonna say a pineapple because of how he's pressing on my ribs and lungs!
Movement: Other than when I was a bit dehydrated on Saturday and he was making me a little nervous, he really is a super mover!
Cravings: Absolutely NOTHING
Projects: This weekend was super Daddy weekend! I think we might be able to put a nursery together this week! That is super exciting!
How am I feeling: Oh, I've been better, much much better. But on the mend!
Abigail's week: Abigail got a lot of Bugala & Papa time this week, which was good for her and mommy! She missed her friends this week for sure but hopefully we will be better soon so we get to see everyone! In daddy's cleaning the car adventure we went ahead and moved Abigail's seat to the other side of the car so I'll be able to have a better view of the little one when he comes. Abigail was quite amenable to this idea and she told Bugala when we got to her house yesterday that she sits on this side so that Baby ..... can sit on that side. I think it's really starting to sink in!
After my weekend call to the doctor and getting a return call from someone I didn't know, I was a bit concerned to find out what was going on. At the doctor today I learned that my practice is trading call with another practice on the weekends so there is potential if this little guy comes on a weekend to get a doctor I've never even met before. PLUS, there are 2 new doctors coming into my doctors practice who are also taking a night of call each week and rotating through on the weekends so it is looking like the chances of my getting one of my own doctors is getting slimmer and slimmer. I wasn't too terribly pleased to hear this news. I get it, no one wants to be on call every night and every weekend and babies are on their own schedule so it's hard, but I would have liked to have had a little heads up that this was happening! So now, I will hopefully squeeze in meeting the 2 new doctors before the baby comes and Matt and I will have to arrange to go meet the other doctors in this practice that they are trading call with. Not a huge deal but a pain to have to deal with so late in the game.
As a treat for my extreme grumpiness after learning this news, I treated myself to an ice cream from McDonalds. Did you know they now have a Pralines n Cream McFlurry??? It is AMAZING. My pregnant taste buds were very pleased with my decision to treat myself as was baby boy. Tho I am worried I have discovered something that I will want all tooooo often!
There are not a lot of pictures from the past 2 weeks as we have been fighting quite the sickness battle around here and been trapped at home a lot. But here are a few from yesterday at 31 Weeks!! Getting so close! I'm not sure how much longer I can go!

No comments:
Post a Comment