Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer 2013!

It has been a while, yet again, I think I may have to give up on the blogging. Life is so busy! You would think a stay at home mom would have all the time in the world, right?? Wrong! Very, very wrong!  At least I don't feel like I have much time.

Well, another busy summer has almost come and gone. It has been super fun! Our major accomplishment of the summer is Potty Training! WOOOOO!! So very, very proud of my little girl. We have the occasional "accident" but overall I think I would give this kid an A+.  We spent 3 days doing the no diaper, stick close to home trick and it worked like a charm! We have been diaper free for almost a month now! I think she is enjoying the freedom of not having to wear diapers and picking out her big girl undies every morning!

Another fun for Abigail but hard transition for mommy has been to our "big girl room." Matt got everything we needed done in our master bedroom / bathroom renovation to move us back into our room so we could redo the guest room, which will now be the big girl room for Abigail! It has turned out 110% better than I imagined and it's not quite done yet. We are still waiting on a few decorations to put up on the walls and then we will be good to go. She has been sleeping in there for almost a week now and is doing great! It has been a much more traumatic change for mommy than Abigail. The hormones are certainly taking over!

Abigail's vocabulary continues to amaze everyone. I don't know how or why I was so worried. Her vocabulary has exploded and really nothing that she says isn't coming out in full sentences. I am beginning to think its time to really push a 2nd language. They truly are sponges!

We have reached 24 weeks! We have had several ultrasounds along the way to make sure everything is going well and we are please to report that things look great! In case you hadn't heard its a BOY! :-) We are super super excited that we are having a boy! Abigail is beginning to notice how much bigger mom's belly is getting these days. Each day she has to give the baby a hug and a kiss. It is so very very cute! This little boy is already shaping up to be one active kid! I am constantly feeling him move about, which is of course fantastic except for maybe when it wakes me up at 3 am. Even then, I'll still take it! We just had a sonogram the other day and he is already weighing in between 1.5 - 2 lbs. and we still have 16 weeks to go! I'm thinking he may be a tad bit bigger than his 5lb 3 oz sister!?!?!

The fall & holidays are certainly going to be busy this year! We have lots of fun things planned. I'm even hoping we can figure out a mini vacation for the 3 of us before baby boy arrives. Daddy has been super busy at work and hasn't been able to take much time off so we are hoping we can squeeze something in before summer is really gone!

Our next home project will be to tackle baby boy's room. Since Abigail had a nice pink room, we will have to do some major painting to get things ready for a baby boy. We have a little time but of course I hate to procrastinate so I'd rather get it done sooner than later.

Early Summer Fun 

HI Mommy! 

A failed trip to the zoo.....it was too hot and toooo crowded! 

Getting ready for the Summer BBQ

The kiddos had so much fun playing

The pools were a big hit! 

FUN! 


BBQ lunch with Daddy! 

Telling everyone we are having a baby! 


Headed to the beach for 4th of July



She's so stinking cute!



Abigail LOVES other kids. These boys were good sports about hanging out with her 

Driving the boat with daddy

Waiting on the fireworks

Our first trip to the beach! She LOVED the sand! 


We took a trip down to see the water.....it was pretty cold! 

Quick snooze on the beach with daddy

Water and sand together in a bucket! Life doesn't get much better than that! 

Showing mommy her big muscles

Such a ham

Evening trip to the park with daddy on a lovely summer day





Look a those beautiful blue eyes! 

Splash park fun for Carter's Birthday! 

Playing with our friends 

Such cuties! 



These kids are big dancers, they love music and dancing! 


Dancing with daddy


There are oh so many other pictures! Many are on my phone, which make it hard to transition over to the blog, well maybe not hard but time consuming and it usually doesn't work for me! But I think you can see we have had some great times this summer.

Abigail and I keep very busy with our great group of mommy friends. We have lots of fun adventures to new and exciting places and the park of course is always a hit. The kids have so much fun together and we are finally reaching the stage where they play somewhat independently and the mommy's can sit and chat, which is of course mommy heaven!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful summer! 2013 has shaped up to be a fantastic year!


No comments:

Post a Comment