It seems my posts don't quite line up exactly with each new 'week' of pregnancy they seem to fall more in the middle! oh well, better than nothing! ;-)
On Tuesday we were 26 weeks and I had the pleasure of going to the doctor for the fun glucose test! Yucko! It was the same gross orange stuff I remember. I felt pretty miserable the rest of the day after drinking that stuff. Here's hoping I passed! No phone call as of Friday so I think we are in the clear!!
I can't remember when the every 2 week appointments start. It's either after our 28 week appointment or not until after our 32 week appointment. Either way its hard to believe that its just around the corner! It's hard to believe we have less than 100 days to go but we do! I am excited to see how things go with #2. With Abigail, I KNEW it was coming. At work on a Friday, I told them I didn't have much time left that it was going to be soon and they all laughed because it was my first and I still had 2 weeks to go and well - momma was right. Abigail came on Monday!
I am starting to feel a lot larger these days. There are days things go smoothly and days I feel like I can't breathe. I think I am going to have to switch up meal times to several smaller meals rather than 3 normal ones. I also seem to make it through the day having not had enough to drink so then evening time rolls around and I am trying to drink lots of water, well.....then I just feel like I drank a gallon of water and that's not terribly comfortable given there isn't much room in there anymore! So, I should probably work on spacing that out too!
I've decided its time to break out the pregnancy pillow again. Only, I can't find the pillow case for it, I had it a few weeks ago and my pregnancy brain put it somewhere but didn't save that info! So, I ordered another one. In the meantime, Jack (and Abigail) have been happy to snuggle up with the pillow sitting on the floor until the cover arrives.
We have so much going on for the fall that I'm not sure when we are going to have time to get the baby's room ready. However, I can say I am much more relaxed about having things ready this time around. I know that no matter if his room is ready or not, he won't know and it will all work out just fine. Yes, I'm sure my nesting will start soon enough and I'll start panicking! ;-)
This pregnancy has been a lot different from Abigail's. It has been a bit harder to get attached to this pregnancy. Don't get me wrong, I am attached, but I feel more distant than I did with Abigail. I think that's what a few bumps in the pregnancy road will do to you. You realize that bad things can and do happen even when you don't expect it. So once that wonderful baby boy is in my arms I'll be one happy momma.
Our exciting news of the week - We finally picked a name! Matt and I went to a friends wedding down in VA Beach and the drive was a bit longer than we would have liked so it gave us a few extra hours to work on a name. It actually didn't take us long at all. The plan for now is to keep it a secret. As we get closer I may let a few letters slip out here and there and see if anyone can come up with it. We have asked Abigail if she can say the name and she can but we have not specifically told her that it is going to be the baby's name. Matt and I were discussing it the other day and we aren't sure if we should teach it to her or not. We know that if we do, she will share it with everyone but at the same time, we are thinking it might help her transition to having a baby brother if she knows the name and can start referring to him by name instead of just baby or "baby jack" as he seems to often be called.
I do think (fingers crossed) that she is going to do okay with this transition. She is getting more and more excited about baby brother and is routinely asking to hold him. The morning of my doctors appointment I told her I was going to the doctor and she was going to stay with daddy for a bit and she asked if I was going to get the baby out of my tummy so she could hold him. It was so cute!! Kids really do come up with the funniest things.
This week Abigail and I went with some friends and took a trip to the B & O Railroad Museum up in Baltimore. It really is a neat place, a bit on the pricey side but the kids enjoyed it. The moms would have enjoyed a bit more air conditioning but we survived!
I think we can (almost) say that Abigail's big girl room is complete! I finally got the rest of the decorations and we put them up yesterday. She was super excited about her princesses and made sure to give them all a hug and kiss goodnight. Love that kid!
We had a fun family day today just the 3 of us, which was super nice. We do a lot of stuff together but not usually just us 3 so it was a fun day. We headed to Dulles Expo for the train and toy show, which wasn't quite as much fun as I was hoping but it was something to do. I learned 2 things - 1. train collectors / train enthusiasts stink, literally. Maybe its just my heightened sense of smell because I'm pregnant but man there were too many people there that forgot to shower this morning! 2. When baby boy wants to go to the train show he and daddy will get to go and mommy will stay home, trains just aren't my thing! Of course I enjoyed watching Abigail have a good time but I'm a girl, what else can I say.
This afternoon we decided to try taking Abigail to her first movie. It was a risk for sure, given that she refused to nap today. I felt fairly confident she would either fall asleep or have a meltdown of some kind in the theater. She did neither and had a super time. It was just too cute to see her sitting there cheering and giggling. She made it through the whole movie and was better behaved than several older children sitting behind us. Go Abigail!
![]() |
| Abigail & Daddy at the train show. |
![]() |
| This train was much closer to Abigail's level so she enjoyed being close to the action |
| Our excited train face! |
| Go Redskins!!! whoops, no Ravens trains at the train show. |
![]() |
| 26 1/2 weeks |
| Abigail at the B&O Museum |
| Riding the choo choo! |
| Our first Carousel ride! |
| FINALLY our decorations have arrived |
| Abigail & her princesses! |
| Such my little ham! |



No comments:
Post a Comment