Well we are quickly approaching our 5 month birthday! Mom has been holding out a bit on introducing more food until we are at least 5 months old. So what should our first food (other than rice cereal) be?? We have a few choices in the fruits and veggies category.
Fruits: Apples, Avacado, Bananas, Pears
Veggies: Sweet Potatoes, Acorn/Butternut Squash, Green Beans.
I think we are going to try the veggies first so we can teach her to eat her veggies! haha I really don't think this will have one bit of influence but we will see. I think we may start with some sweet potatoes and then maybe some avacado. I've decided I AM going to make my own baby food. I'm thinking this weekend we will do a little testing to see how things go. Cross your fingers!
Abigail weighs right around 12 lbs. 5 oz. now. Its amazing how big she has gotten from when we first brought her home until now. We took out her newborn car seat insert the other day. She's just such the big girl now!
Abby has been doing a FANTASTIC job sleeping in her bed. Her grandpa and Uncle Ricky installed the new AC and let's just say mom and dad are freeeeeezing now. But it makes sleeping much more comfortable. In fact last night Abby slept in her bed from about 9:30 -4:30! Then from 5 - 7 when daddy had to wake her up. WOHOOOOOO. While you would think that mom then got great sleep too, sadly this isn't the case as I kept waking up worrying about her and making the occasional trip to make sure she was okay. Eventually, I think this will get easier, at least I hope so.
I have the sneaking suspicion that Abigail Elizabeth Mauriello is developing a slight case of separation anxiety. She does fine with Gramma as she spends a good chunk of her time with Gramma. The other day Aunt Rennee was watching her for a bit and she did okay at first but then got quite a bit upset but then as soon as Daddy arrived all was right with the world. Daddy was very pleased with himself!
This little girl would be on the move if her head wasn't just a bit tooo big for the rest of her body. She is rolling over like a pro. She is sitting up quite a bit without support. She has her moments where she loses her balance but a lot of the time she is able to correct and keep herself from falling over. Her new thing at Gramma's is to sit in her pack n play and play with her toys. Reaching for things and keeping herself entertained.
We took a trip to the lake this past weekend. Abby does very well with changes to her normal routine. She enjoys seeing all the new things and meeting new people.
Abby and mommy are going to get to spend a few days together while Gramma goes on her biker trip with Grandpa and Aunt Terri and Uncle Barry. We hope they come back safe and in one piece! Mommy is excited to see what fun she and Abby can get into!
Here are a few pictures from the week.
Abby & Mommy. This is Abby's new favorite spot to sleep.
Abby is really enjoying sitting up and playing with toys
She can't quite push it enough to get it to spin but she gives it her best shot!
Abby LOVES daddy's face. Any time she can get close enough she is reaching for it and trying to put his nose in her mouth! Its quite entertaining.
Daddy's Girl.
She is the toy queen these days.
Abby enjoyed her wind blown hair look from the boat.
I think she also enjoyed the freedom of not having to wear all her clothes on the boat!
She is beginning to develop an attachment to her toys. Mommy used to have a glow worm that was her absolute FAVORITE toy. Abby now has one too!
Playing!
No comments:
Post a Comment