Sunday, July 31, 2011

Milestones!

It is so amazing to see the changes from week to week, even day to day! She continues to amaze me everyday! She has hit so many of her milestones and some of them early! Mom is hoping we have one smart cookie on our hands!

This morning she amazed mommy with her ability to pass her pacifier from one hand to the other like it was no biggie. She is doing great working on sitting up by herself. Mostly still supported but she has a few "moments" where she can hold herself on her own. She is enjoying the new freedoms that rolling has brought to her. Tho, I think she enjoys it for a while and then when she gets tired she lets you know she is not in a position she is enjoying and she is too tired to fix it for herself.

I can't wait until she can talk and walk but then I tell myself, yes, yes, you can wait, it will be here soon enough. We are extremely excited to see what her first word is going to be.

Knock on wood, she has done better the past few nights with her sleeping stretches. Dad has been the one to put her to bed and something is telling me that is helping but I'm not exactly sure why. It is time to make the transition from bassinet to her crib but mom is having a hard time plus it has been extremely hot in our house lately (the cobblers children never have shoes but Gramma assures me that the cobblers grandchildren will), Abby's room is especially warm so it isn't quite comfortable enough for her to sleep in there just yet. I think we are going to have to break down and get that fixed here soon.

Abby is doing well with the rice cereal. I think she is enjoying it for the most part. Jack really enjoyed helping to clean up the other night as you will see in some of the pictures. I am not sure what food we will venture into next. I think we will still wait a few more weeks but I'm also thinking I might try and adventure into making my own baby food. I don't think it is terribly hard but I need to do a bit more research and find some good recipes.

Sadly, we had to stop going to gymboree. They changed the class time without telling us and it doesn't quite work with mommy's schedule. Hopefully we will be able to find something that works for our schedule soon.

This weekend was spent finishing up uncle Robby's new apartment in the basement. There is still a bit to do but there was A LOT of progress! We had a few helping hands from Uncle Ricky, Gramma and Grandpa and the awesome Uncle B & Aunt Terri. Abby was so excited about all the comings and goings that she passed on most of her naps for the day. So that made for one cranky Abby saturday night, tho she did sleep fairly well. And let me just say the napping on sunday was wonderful, and thankfully the sleep sunday night was fairly uneventful! Oh the joys of getting a baby to stick to a schedule.

Abby has been doing a bit of tugging on her ear the past 2 days and has had some unusual cranky moments so we decided we better make sure she doesn't have an ear infection. So we stopped at the doctors this morning and she said no ear infection, but she is pretty sure we are going to see a tooth very soon! While that doesn't help the crankiness, it certainly is better than an ear infection!

Abby tends to get distracted by the camera while eating.

It is amazing how she just knows what to do!
Jack is never far when Abby is eating at the table
We are really beginning to enjoy bathtime and splashing with our feet.

Mom fed her and well...we really made a mess!


Abby tried to help clean up......

but she really needed Jack's help!
I'm not sure who had more fun with this process, Jack or Abby


Robby's Apartment

Coming along nicely. For those who know uncle Robby,
you know it will never be this clean again!



No comments:

Post a Comment