Abby has become quite the independent little lady as of late. She is really beginning to develop her own personality and tell everyone how things are supposed to go!
It was an adventure of a week.
We began by having an Earthquake. No significant issues other than gramma's nerves! Gramma was quite shaken up but she grabbed Abby and her phone and made it outside! Good job Gramma!
Next, we braced for Hurricane Irene. I am convinced that because we all made plans for power outages and backup food, Irene was a bust! However, I'd rather have a bust than be out of power for a week! Hopefully all of our followers have survived with minimal damage and get their power back soon if they lost it.
Abby is moving up into some bigger size clothes. Her 3 month PJ's are a little snug so we are moving to the 6 month. Its so funny how different clothing lines sizes can vary soooo much. Mom's excited to break out the next batch of clothes so we did some rearranging this weekend to have our 6 month stock all set up and ready to go.
I also got out a lot of our 6 mo+ toys. Abby is really starting to enjoy playing with toys on her own. Since she is sitting so well she will sit and play for a good long while. It helps to tire her out in the evenings too!
We are soooo close on the crawling. She can get up on all 4's with a little effort and looks around like hmm....what can i do from here. Mom is bracing for the quick baby proofing that will have to occur as soon as she's on the move.
SWEET POTATOES!!!
Abigail LOVES sweet potatoes! I started with a jar of organic baby food sweet potatoes to see if she would like them and to give me an idea of consistency. She loved them so I decided I'd make a batch of my own. I think I did pretty well if I do say so myself! It was relatively easy so I think I'll try my luck and work on Apples next. They may be a bit harder but we'll see.
Abby has been sleeping for longer stretches lately. Cross our fingers that this continues! It might be because mom and dad have "spiked" her last bottle of the evening with a bit of rice cereal to help fill us up!
We have our first "professional" photo appointment on Thursday. Hopefully Abby will be all smiles and giggles! Speaking of photos, I finally had a bunch of pictures printed up and got some of the frames for them. I think I have a good batch of Christmas presents going already! Its so hard to choose when there are so many pictures you love! Dad has his work cut out for him hanging all of these new frames.
Football starts next monday so dad spent the weekend making a carrier for the back of the car since we will now have tooooo much stuff to fit it all inside. Dad was extremely pleased with himself as he learned how to weld. Good job Dad!!
Up next: Apples....stay tuned!
Abby rocking her first pair of jeans!
More bathtime. You will see why below!
Sweet Potatoes!! YUMMMMMY
Abby loves to help feed herself.
Finger licking good!
Daddy learning to weld!
Abby ready for the Hurricane!
Abby had her first "ride" on the Motorcycle.....it didn't go anywhere! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment