Monday, April 11, 2011

4 weeks old

Abigail is doing great. She is becoming much more alert to things going on around her. She is even doing a fantastic job at sleeping in her bassinet. Which is helping mom and dad sleep a little better!

Somewhere along the way Abigail picked up a new gesture. I swear we did not practice this and I did not pose her for this picture. I just was lucky enough to have my iPhone out to take a quick picture and caught this!



Some might say she is taking after her mom already!

We are weighing in this week at about 6 lbs 10 oz. Mom and Dad can't wait for Abigail to reach the 8 lb mark because then we can use the baby bjorn and the sling carrier! She really is growing a lot. I put her in one of her newborn sleepers last night and it barely fit. So I think we are moving in the right direction.

Abigail has made a few trips to mom's office and tomorrow is going to visit dads office for a bit. She seems to enjoy her outings. Yesterday, Abigail spent the morning with Gramma at her house and got to see where she will be spending a lot of her time coming up shortly. All went well.

Mom is sad that she will be going back to work soon but has enjoyed all of her time with Abby. We have spent the last 2 Wednesday mornings at a Mommy & Me class at the hospital. I think we will look to see if we can find some other classes for mom and Abby to join.

Abigail has had a few rough nights as of late. Dad has been doing a fantastic job at helping out. Last night dad and abigail fell asleep on the couch after much fussing until mom woke up at 2:30!

Abigail is working hard on her head control and is doing a fantastic job. She has spent some tummy time on some of her floor play mats and in her boppy too. She is going to be a quick learner for sure.

I have been doing lots of "googling" for any and all of the first time mom questions but something interesting that we learned in class today was something called the Dunstan Baby Language. If you get a chance google it. It really is amazing. I'm hoping we can pick up on some of these things and use them to better understand Abigail's cry's.


Tummy Time...tho it really looks more like face time!


Tummy time on our boppy. She really is doing much better lifting and controlling her head.


Spending time playing with our toys







Abigail recently discovered the mobile above her swing and is quite entertained by it.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. My first thought when I saw the first photo was, "Well, she's Krystal's child" then I read your next comment :) Abigail looks so wonderful and is getting soooo big!!! What a beautiful little peanut. hugs to all.

    ReplyDelete