Thursday, September 23, 2010

Baby Update Week 14!



How far along: 14 Weeks! The 2nd Trimester begins!!

Baby Size: A Lemon! So don't kill me but about 2 weeks ago I said we were about the size of a lemon when it was actually a lime! oops....my pregnancy brain really is beginning to fail me!

Krystal Size:
I broke down and bought some preggo clothes. Let me tell you, this momma to be is WAY more comfortable! Of course, everyone at work "knows" I'm pregnant even though I haven't really told them but I think it's about time. We went to the doctor today and it looks like we've gained about 8 lbs. Probably a little more than we should have but the doctor said its okay.

What's Growing This Week:
Can you believe we can now squint, grimace, frown, possibly suck our thumb and PEE. Oh how fun! Our Kidneys are working now and we are excreting urine into our amniotic fluid. Sounds just lovely! We are doing a bit of stretching out too. We are now 3.5 inches long and weigh 1.5 oz.

Morning Sickness:
I am hoping I can safely say that Morning / Afternoon / Evening sickness is done and over with. HOWEVER, in its place is gas, bloating, constipation and indigestion. So really, I'm not sure which I would prefer to have?!?!

Food Cravings and Dislikes:
So far this has been quite a boring cravings pregnancy. I am slightly afraid of the spicy as it didn't do so well early on but I might give it a venture again.

What's New in the Baby Room:
We have baby furniture! Being the lucky lady that I am, I got a great coupon for babies 'r' us and we got an awesome deal on a crib, dresser and changing table.

Baby Names & Grandparent Names:
This week is G for.......
In case anyone was wondering I think that Jared's suggestion of Fuschia is the front runner at this point! ;-)

What I'm looking forward to:
Finding out the sex of the baby! We have a few more weeks but hopefully they will fly by!

Events over the past week:
We had a wonderful vacation in Vegas and Wisconsin. We were able to be there for our friends Eric & Teri's wedding, which was beautiful!

I think over the past few weeks we have let most everyone know that we are expecting! I don't know if we have missed anyone but they will find out soon enough!

Our friends Jerry, Eleni and little Eva got us a cute baby gift. It is a picture frame designed to hold sonogram pictures and then you can put a caption at the bottom. It's perfect. I brought it to work today to put on my desk and it reads "coming soon." It's a great way to let everyone know!

No comments:

Post a Comment