Monday, June 25, 2012

15 Months old and More Summer Fun......

I'm beginning to realize that Abigail has had quite a busy few weeks. You forget how much you have been doing until you sit back and look at all the pictures!!

I had bought this kiddie pool last summer but obviously we were not quite old enough yet. So this year we are breaking out all the fun toys and hanging out in the back yard!

Abigail is now 15 months old. Can you believe it!!?!!? I can't. Really. I cannot believe it. Seems like just yesterday I was taking weekly trips to the doctor hoping for them to say okay its time to go! And here we are 15 months later and our little girl has turned into quite the "big" girl these days.

She weighed in at 19 lbs. 6 oz. Still a little bit of a peanut but she really is sticking to "her" growth curve. She is now 30.75 inches tall! She is starting to be able to reach things on top of tables, which means more baby proofing will soon begin!

Abigail has developed quite the little personality lately. It's so much fun to watch. She is learning how to do new things everyday. She understands about 90% of things you tell her to do. Her motor skills are amazing for her age and she is a running fool. Of course mom's and dad's always think their kids are smart but I'm afraid this one might be toooooo smart for her own good.

She has also developed quite the little temper and is happy to display that when she doesn't get her way or she can't get something to work that she knows should work. She loves technology and if you need your iPhone fixed.... Abigail is your girl. She can unlock an iPhone, turn on the music and check email's if you'd like.

Besides the great outdoors and anything to do with water, this kid loves music. I know she should be listening to fun kid songs (which she does) but she gets her fair share of current music as well. Gramma does jazzercise and she and Abigail love to dance to the music from jazzercise class. You should see this kid when a song comes on that she recognizes and likes, it is like a switch and she goes into dance mode and is one dancing fool. Cracks me up every time.

Abigail is working on her vocabulary, but slowly. A little more slowly than mom would like but she has a few words. I think I really am going to have to commit to "Jack" being her first word. She will also try to say "simba" and just this past week we have started saying "Hi" "mamma" and "dadda," so baby steps! Of course, she still points at everything and asks "what's that?" I think one of these days she's going to just say a full sentence and we are all going to be left wondering where the heck that came from!

We have been excited to hear and see so many of our friends having babies recently and quite a few on the way!! I wish we all lived a little closer so we could schedule some fun play dates but hopefully we will get to visit occasionally. Abigail does love to play with other kids her age. We have been lucky with this new mommy group that most of the kids are in the exact same age range as Abigail so that makes it even more fun.

 We're going to the pool......
 The kiddie pool! 
 Again, little miss apprehensive
 Jack of course thought this was his very own personal water bowl! 

 Abigail loves her slide and swing. She has taught herself to climb up and slide down all by herself! 

 Here we go.....

 Back to the pool


 Daddy was a bit apprehensive too....
 But he finally braved the waters with Abigail. Mommy did too but no one got a picture! 



 I was laughing so hard at her the other morning. I was taking a picture and the flash was going off. Every time it went off she made this face! So hilarious
Jack. What can we say. He is certainly Abigail's best buddy these days. He loves the food she drops for him and she loves the "kisses" she gets when he is looking for food she may have but hasn't dropped. 


There are many more adventures planned for the summer and even a few still on the camera to share, hopefully it won't take me 3 months to post them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment