We love seeing family and friends on the holidays but boy is it a chore to travel from here to there and everywhere in between. What adds to the fun is that Abby is a party girl. She does not like to sleep if there is a party she is missing, especially when she is not in her own environment and can't catch some zzz's in her bed. So needless to say when we got home last night it was a total meltdown. She was over tired because she hadn't slept enough and it was no fun for mommy and daddy.
Mom is proposing that all Holiday's occur at our house from now on, at least until we are past the napping stage. Maybe our next child will be a deep sleeper! Abby is no such thing.
She did have a great time seeing everyone yesterday and hanging out with the family. She got to sport her "Mommy's little Turkey" outfit on Thanksgiving and her other Thanksgiving outfit the day before.
Daddy was even bold enough to let Abigail try a little piece of turkey. She seemed to like it and nothing went terribly wrong as mom had feared.
The day after Thanksgiving, mom and dad finished the fence!!! It's done! It's complete. It's solid and it looks FANTASTIC! As Matt and I were nailing up some of the boards I said to him, just think how far along we would be if it had just been the two of us the entire time. We are so Thankful for our family and friends who came out and helped with that project! I think our friends have figured out that we owe them several thousand dollars worth of beer! We'll have to pay it back in increments!
It has certainly been a busy few weeks and of course now is the countdown to Christmas! I think Christmas decorating will commence on Sunday and hopefully we will be able to get it all done!
Pretty little baby!
Abby's thanksgiving dinner! Yummy!
Sadly, I realized that I did not get many good Thanksgiving day shots! Mom has got to get better at this!!
No comments:
Post a Comment