Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Well, it didn't take long at all for Abby to get her "sea legs." She is now moving all over the place and I think is really enjoying her new found freedom for roaming about.

Mom and dad still need to nail down a few things in the baby proofing department. I think we are both in a little shock over how quickly she has progressed.

In addition to her crawling, Abby is also trying her hand at a little bit of walking. While she enjoys the freedom of crawling, she would prefer to get up and walk. She pulls herself up on anything and everything she can reach and then she cruises along holding on to things.

Dad lowered the crib to the lowest setting the other night. We set her in the crib for a few minutes to "check it out" and she immediately had herself standing up and walking along the back edge. She even did a transfer from the side to the back. It was amazing. She knew she needed to reach over and grab the other rail or she wouldn't make it. AMAZING!

Now for some exciting news........drum roll please.......

Mom is going to start working Part-time!! Probably some time at the beginning of the year. It has been the most difficult decision that we have ever had to make but we have decided that I would be crazy not to take this opportunity. I will still be working at the same place just doing a different job and working about 2 days a week.

Grandma Marsha has also started helping out with the babysitting duties and is watching Abby 2 days a week. So once mom starts working PT, Grandma Marsha will do 2 days one week and Gramma 2 days the other week.

Daddy thinks its funny to tease mommy about coming home to a home cooked meal and a clean house! I keep telling him he better be careful or I might start poisoning his food!

It will be an interesting transition for mom. I told Matt the other day that I really don't know what its like to work PT, I can't remember the last time I worked PT, I think it was in High School, which was a lovely 10 years ago! Daddy thinks mom is gonna start having play dates and sit around drinking martini's all day. Wouldn't that be the life!

Abigail has been doing such amazing things in the last month. Something amazes us everyday. The other day she noticed her pacifier on the ottoman so she crawled over, stood up, grabbed the pacifier and put it right in her mouth.

She loves following Jack around the living room, Jack is not such a fan of this but he tolerates it as best he can. We have recently started giving abby some "puffs," at first she did not like them but now she LOVES them. She has mastered the art of picking them up and putting them in her mouth.

We are looking forward to a busy holiday season! Halloween seems to have kicked things off! We even had some snow this past weekend. It wasn't anything that accumulated so we really couldn't get any good pictures of Abby in the snow but hopefully this winter!

Happy Halloween!

Abigail's first attempt at puffs

It was not entirely successful but the grown ups had fun watching

Another attempt at puffs....this one looked like a lovely bow in her hair!

I'm so dang cute!

Look at me... I'm a bee!!!

So dang cute!

Happy Halloween!

Abby & Mommy

Mommy's bumble bee is so adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment